Want to limit your time on Facebook? Here’s how to use the app’s daily time reminder to do this.
It’s no secret that social media apps have made it easier to keep in touch with friends and family. Even so, you cannot ignore their negative impact on your health and productivity.
Most social media apps have features that help users limit the amount of time spent on the platform. The Facebook app offers a similar feature called the daily time reminder.
If you’re tired of spending too much time on Facebook, we’ll show you how to limit it by setting up a daily time reminder alert using the Facebook app.
How to Set a Daily Time Reminder Alert on Facebook
To set a daily time reminder alert on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account using the app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner (on iPhone) or in the top-right corner (on Android).
- Navigate to Settings from the dropdown for Settings & Privacy.
- Navigate to Your time on Facebook under Preferences.
- Go to Manage your time.
- Turn on the toggle for Daily time reminder.
- Set a time limit for your Facebook usage.
- To set a reminder, tap the Set Reminder button.
So that’s it. Once the reminder is set, Facebook will send a notification when you reach the time limit you set.
You can only use this feature to track your Facebook activity for individual accounts. So, if you use multiple Facebook accounts, you need to carefully allocate the total time between them.
With the Facebook app, you can switch between multiple Facebook accounts and easily set a time limit for each.
Use Daily Time Reminder Alert to Limit Your Facebook Usage
Use Facebook’s daily time reminder feature to limit your time on Facebook for the day, and the app will notify you when you cross that limit. Having a reminder alert will help you stop scrolling through your feed and boost your productivity.
The Top 6 Risks You Face When Using Facebook