With more and more alternatives to Steam available for PC gamers, Epic Games offers you not only an alternative for PC gaming but also features that can benefit gaming, no matter the console.
Moreover, Epic’s variety of games and titles means that for some top-rated games, an Epic Games account is essential to the experience.
If you have ever contemplated setting up an Epic Games account, or are curious about Epic’s supported titles and features, we can help clear things up. Let’s dive in.
How to Set Up Your Epic Games Account
There are two main ways to set up your Epic Games account:
- The simplest way is to go to the Epic Games website, then click Sign In.
- This will take you to a page where you can sign in using multiple gaming accounts such as a pre-existing Epic Games account, Steam, Xbox Live, Facebook, Google, PlayStation, Nintendo, and Apple.
- If you don’t have any of the aforementioned accounts, scroll to the bottom of the sign-in options and select Sign Up.
- This will allow you to simply enter your email address, set a password, and set up a unique Epic Games account.
- Once you have either set up a brand-new account or linked a pre-existing account, your Epic Games account will be set up and ready to go.
Alternatively, you can install the Epic Games Launcher onto your PC and get the most out of Epic Games’ features.However, before installing the launcher you may find it useful to know that some feedback from users states that the software does have some drawbacks. If you prefer to use launchers, you may want to find out how to fix the Epic games Launcher’s high CPU usage, before installing the software.
To install the Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to the Epic Games website’s download page.
- You are then given the option to either install the launcher to Windows or macOS. Depending on which system you are using, hit Download Epic Games Launcher.
- You should then see the installer for the Epic Games Launcher in your PC’s download queue.
- Once the installer has finished downloading, follow the on-screen steps to install the launcher.
- The installer will then ensure that the Epic Games Launcher is updated and once any updates are finished, the Epic Games Launcher will be installed onto your PC and ready for you to use.
In both instances, either through the installer or the website, setting up or logging into your Epic Games account is the same process as listed above: choose a pre-existing gaming account, or select Sign Up and create a brand-new Epic Games Account.
What Games Support an Epic Games Account?
Now that you know how to set up an Epic Games account, you may be interested in the titles Epic Games has to offer.
Epic Games’ most popular titles are built around free-to-play models of gaming. This includes titles such as Fortnite and Fall Guys.
But overall, Epic Games, just like Steam or any other gaming marketplace, compiles many games from numerous developers.
If you want to explore Epic Games’ full library of available titles, go to the Epic Games Store, then select the Browse section.
Similarly, within the Epic Games Launcher, select the Store tab and then the Browse option to view every title Epic Games has to offer.
Epic Games offers a plethora of titles for you to enjoy, but one of its most useful features is centered around cross-platform play, particularly when it comes to its free-to-play titles.
How to Play Cross-Platform Games With Your Epic Games Account
With Epic Games’ most popular titles usually being free-to-play, cross-platform features are essential to ensure a large and accessible player count.
Luckily, your Epic Games account enables you to automatically cross-play with any players on supported platforms.
For Fortnite, signing into your Epic Games account enables you to play with, PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Android, and iOS players. This is because Epic automatically associates your Epic Games account with numerous other potential gaming accounts.
The same is true for games like Fall Guys, which also utilizes your Epic Games account to allow you full cross-compatibility with supported platforms.
If you want to learn more about Fall Guys cross-play, learn how to play Fall Guys cross-platform and find out what platforms support cross-play and how you can fine-tune your cross-platform experience.
Make the Most Out of Your Epic Games Account
Now you know how to set up your Epic Games account and make the most out of its store and cross-play options, you may be interested in other features the platform has to offer.
If so, ensuring you’re getting the most out of your Epic Games services and knowing how to troubleshoot your installed games, could be useful to you.