The last episode of Kill Code–Apex Legends‘ animated YouTube miniseries–may have already aired, however the story is not over but. This week, Respawn launched the brand new Rebellion Assortment Occasion, and like all of Apex’s Assortment Occasions, Rebellion encompasses a new set of 24 premium cosmetics that, as soon as bought, will unlock a trio of Mythic-tier objects (Loba’s Apex Lycanthrope Status Pores and skin Set, on this case). However not like earlier Assortment Occasions, Rebellion additionally encompasses a huge new 30v30 limited-time mode known as Revenant Rebellion, a singular in-game cinematic expertise, and surprisingly, a set of (non permanent) play-to-win buffs for the sport’s commonplace non-Ranked battle royale mode.
The brand new Revenant Rebellion LTM is definitely essentially the most lore-heavy gameplay occasion Apex has seen since the Broken Ghost questline that appeared in Season 5, and gamers who logged in throughout the first hour of the occasion have been handled to a particular cinematic that picked up the place Kill Code left off, then instantly launched gamers into all-out battle. However with so many new features–including a free reward observe that incorporates the sport’s first-ever play-to-win legend buffs–it may be straightforward to get a bit confused, particularly given the LTM’s odd availability schedule. Hold studying for a complete breakdown of the Rebellion assortment Occasion, together with ideas for battling Revenant’s Military (or becoming a member of it), a more in-depth take a look at all Rebellion assortment cosmetics, a breakdown of the occasion’s game-changing free rewards, and extra.
Revenant Rebellion LTM
The Revenant Rebellion LTM is a brand new 30v30 mode that blends bits and items of earlier Revenant-related occasions (like Shadowfall and Shadow Royale) with new options, making for enjoyable, fast-paced, and chaotic matches. In every match, gamers are randomly sorted into two groups: 30 gamers are assigned to the Legend Alliance group, whereas the opposite 30 gamers are assigned to Revenant’s Military. Gamers on the Legend Alliance squad can select to play as any legend (besides Revenant) and their skills will operate as they usually do, however gamers on the Revenant’s Military squad will all play as Revenant. This model of Revenant is far nearer to the Shadows from Shadowfall and Shadow Royale–they can’t choose up loot, use weapons, equip shields, use therapeutic objects, or use Revenant’s final potential. They’ll solely open doorways by bashing them in, and may solely harm members of the Legend Alliance squad through melee assaults. However on the brilliant facet, they do have entry to a buffed model of Revenant’s new Shadow Pounce ability, which has had its cooldown timer diminished from the usual 24 seconds to solely 8 seconds.
The Legend Alliance has a single purpose: Survive till evacuation ships arrive to rescue them. To win a match, the Legend Alliance should get not less than 6 gamers safely into the evac ships earlier than the match’s 5-minute timer runs out. Revenant’s Military, however, can solely win by guaranteeing lower than 6 Legend Alliance members make it out alive.
To make issues simpler for the Legend Alliance, useless squadmates may be Respawned infinitely at any Respawn Beacon, and Respawn Beacons not go dormant after use. As a substitute, they will have a brief cooldown interval earlier than changing into useable once more. The Legend Alliance additionally has one other handy boon working of their favor: Any legend can respawn a useless Legend Alliance member (even one who shouldn’t be a member of their three-player squad) at any time, while not having to first fetch their downed comrade’s Banner Card. If a pleasant legend goes down for good, do not trouble going again to their deathbox–just run to the closest Respawn Beacon and resurrect them. Regulate the inexperienced Respawn Beacon icon situated within the higher right-hand facet of the HUD, because it shows the variety of Legend Alliance members who’re at present ready to be respawned.
There is a catch, although. As soon as a complete trio of Legend Alliance members (that’s, the opposite two gamers you may be paired with in matchmaking) have been killed, your entire squad respawns… on Revenant’s group. This implies Revenant’s Military can simply overwhelm and outnumber the Legend Alliance if the legends aren’t vigilant.
Revenant’s Military additionally has a secret weapon of types: Pink-Eyed Revenant. Pink-Eyed Revenant is a randomly-selected participant who, not like the remainder of the military, can really play Revenant as traditional, choosing up weapons, opening doorways, and usually functioning the identical means he at all times does. (Observe that not like the members of his military, Pink-Eyed Revenant’s Shadow Pounce potential has the usual 24-second cooldown, not the shortened 8-second cooldown.)
Pink-Eyed Revenant is randomly chosen at first of the match, and as soon as he’s killed, one other member of Revenant’s Military might be chosen. There are two methods gamers can discover themselves in Pink-Eyed Revenant’s footwear: They are often randomly respawned as him after being killed by one of many legends, or they’ll merely be chosen whereas they’re alive and taking part in on Revenant’s group. Within the latter case, an alert will seem informing the participant that they’ll tackle the lethal murderbot’s position. Activating their final potential will see them be “reborn” as Pink-Eyed Revenant.
Pink-Eyed Revenant spawns with the next objects in his stock:
- 2 Mythic-tier weapons (at present, these weapons are the Prowler SMG and the Kraber)
- 1 Phoenix Package
- 4 Protect Batteries
- 2 Protect Cells
- 4 Med Kits
- 2 Syringes
- 1 Arc Star
- 1 Frag Grenade
- 1 Thermite Grenade
- 1 Evac Tower
- Epic-tier (purple) helmet
- Mythic-tier (pink) EVO Protect
- Epic-tier (purple) Knockdown Protect
- No backpack
Listed below are some unbelievable methods to up your possibilities of surviving a match–and assist you to achieve XP to your Season 19 battle pass.
- Play the LTM for an enormous XP enhance. Though the occasion’s free reward observe consists of a number of in-game buffs (extra on that later), they’ll solely be utilized in commonplace, non-Ranked Mode battle royale matches, the place gamers typically have a 1 in 20 probability to turn out to be an Apex Video games Champion. However as a result of the Revenant Rebellion LTM solely consists of two huge 30-player squads, every participant has a 50% probability of profitable the match. Kills, assists, knockdowns, and wins are all handled the identical as they’re in commonplace battle royale mode, so sticking to the brand new LTM is one of the simplest ways to go in the event you’re seeking to grind out the rest of your battle go shortly.
- Pink-Eyed Revenant can swap out his gear identical to the legends can, so if the Mythic-tier weapon you spawn with is not to your style, you’ll be able to simply discover a alternative, although it will not be a Mythic-tier weapon.
- The Evac Level is marked on the map by a big yellow ship image. Head to the realm as quickly as attainable, as time is brief in these matches.
- In the event you’re in want of a Mythic-tier EVO Protect or a good Mythic weapon, killing a Pink-Eyed Revenant is a really fast solution to achieve entry to at least one as a result of the truth that, not like the remainder of his military, Pink-Eyed Revenant will go away behind a deathbox with all his goodies inside. No impartial Care Packages drop in Revenant Rebellion, so Revenant himself is successfully the one means for gamers to get their palms on Mythic weapons.
- Though Pink-Eyed Revenant’s Shadow Pounce tactical hasn’t had its cooldown timer diminished like these of his fellow military members, there is a solution to get round this: After activating Shadow Pounce, Revenant can activate his Cast Shadows final potential, which is able to immediately drop Shadow Pounce’s cooldown time from 24 seconds to eight seconds or much less, relying on what number of seconds have been left on the cooldown timer. You may wish to make use of Cast Shadows as typically as attainable when taking part in as Pink-Eyed Revenant, as a result of the Legend Alliance might be alerted to your presence if you Respawn, and can virtually actually try and gang up on you. That further defend padding actually turns out to be useful on this LTM.
- No matter which group you are on, when you’re shut sufficient to enemy squad members, you’ll see them by partitions. Needless to say they’ll additionally see you thru partitions as nicely, which means that makes an attempt to easily rat your solution to the winner’s circle will possible finish in an ambush.
- Gamers on the Legend Alliance squad will profit from any skills that make them invisible, invulnerable, or able to getting from one place to a different as shortly as attainable. This makes Ash, Loba, Mirage, Octane, Pathfinder, Valkyrie, Vantage, and Wraith splendid picks for this mode.
- Needless to say all weapons on this mode come totally kitted and have infinite ammo. Do not waste time searching down attachments or ammo.
Not like earlier Assortment Occasion LTMs, the Revenant Rebellion LTM will solely be accessible on weekends after the primary week of the occasion ends. The total schedule may be discovered under:
- December 5 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to December 11 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET
- December 15 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to December 18 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET
- December 22 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to December 25 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET
- December 29 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to January 1 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET
Though entry to the Revenant Rebellion LTM ends on January 1, the occasion itself would not finish till the next day, so rewards might be earnable and cosmetics might be accessible for buy till January 2. Moreover, gamers who logged in throughout the first hour of the occasion have been handled to a cinematic expertise at first and finish of every match. Respawn lately confirmed there will be other opportunities for gamers to see the in-game cinematic, but when your curiosity cannot wait, footage of the cinematic scenes can be found all over YouTube and Twitch.
Rebellion Assortment Occasion Cosmetics
The 24 cosmetics included within the Rebellion assortment may be obtained by buying them through Apex Cash (AC), crafting them with Crafting Metals, opening particular person Rebellion Occasion Packs for 700 AC ($7 USD) every, or a mixture of those strategies. Every Rebellion Occasion Pack unlocks one random merchandise from the occasion’s beauty assortment, along with unlocking two objects from the sport’s default evergreen beauty pool. Gamers who buy all 24 beauty objects will even unlock Loba’s new Apex Lycanthrope Status Pores and skin Set without cost.
All cosmetics included within the Rebellion Assortment Occasion (and their costs) are listed under:
Epic-tier objects (accessible for 1,000 Apex Cash or 800 Crafting Metals):
- Aerial Ascent Valkyrie banner body
- Echo’s Grove Vantage banner body
- Undercroft Bangalore banner body
- Protector Of The Realm Gibraltar banner body
- Providing Ballistic banner body
- Raven’s Legion Bloodhound banner body
- Divine Oracle Seer legend pores and skin
- Pearlescent Mirage legend pores and skin
- Defiant Usurper Mad Maggie legend pores and skin
- Gatekeeper Spitfire weapon pores and skin
- Nouveau Type L-STAR weapon pores and skin
- Shard Deco CAR SMG weapon pores and skin
Legendary-tier objects (accessible for 1,800 Apex Cash or 2,400 Crafting Metals):
- Ascendant Valkyrie legend pores and skin
- Sleek Hunt Vantage legend pores and skin
- Divine Legion Bangalore legend pores and skin
- Thunder Clap Gibraltar legend pores and skin
- Modern & Suave Ballistic legend pores and skin
- Allfather’s Chosen Bloodhound legend pores and skin
- Lightning Strike Havoc weapon pores and skin
- Triple Stakes Triple Take weapon pores and skin
- Emerald Eye Cost Rifle weapon pores and skin
- Tie The Knot Peacekeeper weapon pores and skin
- Eye Of The Idol Wingman weapon pores and skin
- Full Nightfall Flatline weapon pores and skin
Loba’s Status Pores and skin Set
Gamers who unlock all 24 Rebellion Assortment Occasion cosmetics will even unlock Loba’s new Apex Lycanthrope Status Pores and skin Set, which incorporates three unique Mythic-tier objects. As soon as the occasion ends, gamers should purchase Loba’s Status Pores and skin Set from the Mythic Retailer for 150 Heirloom Shards.
Loba’s Status Pores and skin Set consists of the next objects:
- Apex Lycanthrope Loba Status Pores and skin
- Translocator Loba skydive path
- Enraged Claws Loba ending transfer
The least-pricey solution to get your palms on Loba’s modern new Status Pores and skin is to utilize Crafting Metals to craft as most of the occasion’s Epic-tier objects as attainable, as they’re the most cost effective objects within the assortment. When you’re out of Crafting Metals, acquiring the remaining cosmetics by buying and opening Rebellion Occasion Packs is one of the best (and least expensive) solution to go. Doing so will make sure you acquire the Apex Lycanthrope Status Pores and skin Set for 16,800 AC ($168 USD) or much less, relying on how most of the assortment’s beauty’s you are in a position to craft without cost beforehand.
Free reward observe with new participant skills
However not everybody can afford Loba’s costly aesthetic, so Respawn has included a free reward observe stuffed with unique beauty objects and different goodies that gamers can earn by gathering Occasion Factors (EP). EP may be earned by finishing challenges from the “Occasion Challenges” tab situated on the upper-right facet of the primary foyer display, the place each day challenges are displayed.
Each Assortment Occasion features a free reward observe, however Rebellion’s free rewards differ from the sport’s earlier choices in quite a few methods. Firstly, there might be a brand new reward observe every week of the occasion (which ends on January 2). Secondly, these reward tracks embody some distinctive objects. Presently, we are able to solely see Week 1’s reward observe, nevertheless it incorporates a couple of shocking objects, together with a transition display that implies Revenant’s Military could also be powered by branthium (one of many rarest and most treasured pure assets within the outlands) and two gameplay buffs that give gamers extra skills in-game, a brand new sort of reward that has by no means appeared in any earlier occasions.
The objects in Week 1’s free reward track–and the quantity of EP required to unlock them–are listed under.
Free rewards: Week 1
- 250 EP: Inheritance transition display
- 500 EP: Grenadier Imaginative and prescient (permits gamers to see close by ordnance by partitions)
- 750 EP: 2 battle go stars
- 1,000 EP: 25 Crafting Metals
- 1,250 EP: Grenadier Sling (permits gamers to stack one extra ordnance per stock slot)
- 1,500 EP: 2 battle go stars
- 2,000 EP: Cosmos Octane banner body (Epic), Rebellion Protector common banner badge
It is price noting that Grenadier Imaginative and prescient and Grenadier Sling are solely accessible in commonplace battle royale matches, and usually are not energetic in Ranked Mode or the brand new Revenant Rebellion LTM. Moreover, these passive skills will disappear as soon as the primary week of the occasion involves an finish and Week 2’s free reward observe replaces it. Every weekly reward observe will characteristic two unlockable passive skills of this sort, however they’ll disappear for good when the occasion involves an finish, so gamers haven’t got to fret an excessive amount of about lacking out.
The Rebellion Assortment Occasion runs from Tuesday, December 5 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to Tuesday. January 2 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET. Hold scrolling for a more in-depth take a look at the Rebellion Assortment Occasion’s new cosmetics, Loba’s new Status Pores and skin Set, and the occasion’s distinctive new free rewards.